28 may 2024

-"I've got a bike, you can ride it if you like   It's got a basket, a bell that rings  And things to make it look good   I'd give it to you if I could, but I borrowed it"

A Sevillian publisher chose this song as a logo for their Barrett editions. Manuel and Zacarías don't seem to be acid heads to me. I suppose they were looking for a fragile and poetic element to symbolise the adventure they were about to start. The trip is successful for now. Barrett moves in their own space and I was offered to enlighten the dark end of the room with a neon light. I designed an abstract version of this animated gif I've done transforming their cycling logotype: a bike or a white light melting over a blue ray. Whatever interpretation is okay if you keep Syd Barrett in mind. Clear enough? 

"I know a mouse, and he hasn't got a house  I don't know why I call him Gerald
 He's getting rather old, but he's a good mouse "  


- J'avais d'abord joué avec le logo de l'éditeur Barrett quand il publiait le "Bouquet Garni". Maintenant qu'il emménage dans un nouveau local, tout en longueur, j'ai fabriquer ce néon pour éclairer le fond de la pièce. Ça n'a pas l'air trés lumineux, mais j'aimerai vous y voir; photographier la lumière sans perdre la couleur, n'est pas William Eggleston qui veut. De plus cette forme fondante symbolise l'esprit grillé du pauvre Syd Barrett sur sa bicyclette. Une image plutôt obscure.
- Versión de una versión de una versión. La primera es la emblemática canción  compuesta por Syd Barrett para el primer álbum del Flamenco Rosa. La segunda es el logotipo mutante de la editorial sevillana. La tercera son dos tubos de neón para iluminar el local de la segunda. En tres pasos musicales, animados con luz turquesa: Cha Cha Cha.